Saturday, November 22, 2008

Undiscovered Music: An Arsenal

I have stumbled across a few acts from friends, etc. that seem quite interesting. I am trying to ration my emusic downloads to decide which albums to download. All of these have caught my attention. Thus, if you are in the mood for new music, here is an arsenal of albums that I have sampled and sound delightful. Click on each band name to go directly to myspace page, or check out the sample playing on this site.

The War on Drugs - Wagonwheel Blues (Arcade Fire-esque)

The Rural Alberta Advantage - Hometowns (Neutral Milk-ish)

Little Joy - S/T (Strokes-esque)

O'Death - Broken Hymns, Limbs, and Skin (Langhorne Slim/Tom Waits/Avett Brothers/Felice Brothers - ish)

Say Hi to Your Mom - The Wishes and The Glitch (Okkervil River/Wolf Parade - esque)

Coconut Records - Nighttiming (throw back Weezer-ish)

Joe Pug - Nation of Heat EP (John Prine-esque)

Lambchop - OH (Nashville band with a cult following, Neil Diamond/Cat Stevens/Tom Waits-esque)

Ten Kens - S/T (Clap Your Hands-esque)

All of the above titles are available on emusic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for this blog.
I love it.
Leonardo (Italy)