Thursday, November 06, 2008

Latest Listen


I finally got The Tallest Man on Earth's Shallow Grave which has blown me away. I somehow am a sucker for strange voices and banjo's. TTMOE draws comparisons vocally to Devendra Banhart, Dan Bejar of Destroyer, Mountain Goats, and Langhorne Slim. I dare say he could be better than all of the aforementioned. Upon first listen, you will be tempted to shove him into the Dylan wannabe's category, however, similar to the Felice Brothers and Dan Bern, TTMOE lives up to the hype. This folk singer/songwriter lyrically reminds me of Bon Iver and the Appalachian backwoods of Langhorne. Its almost what the banjo boy on Deliverance should sound like if he were to have sung on the film. Throw another log on the fire and enjoy the ole five-stringer as it accompanies TTMOE's unique bend-but-not-break vocal chords.

Strongest Track:
"I Won't Be Found"
Hails From: Sweden
Available on: iTunes, eMusic, Amazon
Websites: Artist; Myspace

No comments: