Monday, July 07, 2008

Latest Listens

I apologize for the lack of posts. Things have been crazy busy at work. Here is a list of what I have been listening to and whether I am impressed or not in order of importance from Best to least.



Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight; Biggest surprise award. Absolutely LOVE this album. Sounds similar to the Irish rock of The Twilight Sad, but tons better. "Keep Yourself Warm" is a tad childish, but other than that is it unreal. Best Song(s): (tie) "Old Old Fashioned" and "Twist"


Coldplay - Viva la Vida Call me a sell-out, call me what you will, this is a GREAT album. I am not even that big on their other albums. Best song: "Strawberry Swing"











Fleet Foxes - S/T; Can't say enough. Wonderfully cohesive and hauntingly blissful. Best Song: "Your Protector"










My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges; Like it, I don't love it. I have discussed this one enough. Best song: "Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part II"








The National - Virginia EP; Honestly love it. Great little addition to a wonderful collection. Best Song: "Tall Saint"








Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust; Starts off Strong and sort of tails off. Best Song: "Gobbledigook"








Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer; Honestly, I am unimpressed so far. Apologies did not take me two listens before I fell hard. This one is either a grower or not as good. It is not bad per se, just lacks the familiarity Apologies had. Best Song: undecided








Port O'Brien - All We Could Do Was Sing; Mariner indie pop. Sounds like Blind Melon at times...(the old blind melon). Best Song: "Close the Lid"








16 Horsepower - Folklore; If you like Bonnie Prince Billy you will like 16 HP. Kind of dark folk. Best Song: "Single Girl"

Older Tunes that were not in the running for best to least but need mentioning:

Destroyer - Trouble in Dreams; Just can't get into it. Best Song: undecided.

Langhorne Slim - S/T; Still loving it. Best Song: "Collette"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya at mount zoomer is definitely a grower. I loved apologies but with some work this one is even better. on another note I just cant get into the fleet foxes album or EP, though I know many people adore them.