Tuesday, January 31, 2006

New Finds


A few new cd's that have come out or I have found recently:
Rogue Wave - Descended Like Vultures, I had been meaning to buy this album for the longest time and I finally got it. This is an amazing album. It kind of sounds like the Shins/Beatles a little. It is hard to describe, but all in all it is a solid album. Sample: "Bird On a Wire"



Cat Power - The Greatest; Cat Power is a female singer who has a beautiful voice. This album expands her sound with accompanying horns and drums. Sample: "Living Proof"







Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is a Not a Cold Dead Place; I just found out about this band. If you like the ambient Sigur Ros' type music you will love this. There is no singing, but some powerful instrumentals.




Bonnie Prince Billy - Summer in the Southeast; I was very hesitant about this album at first. I said, "Bonnie live sounds like nothing I want." I was proven wrong. This album is better than his studio albums. Trust me. He speeds up most of the songs, and they are presented perfectly. Sample: "Master and Everyone"

Fruit Bats - Spelled in Bones; This is another band similar to The Shins/Beatles. I would highly recommend this cd. Sample: "Lives of Crimes"

No comments: