Sunday, October 02, 2005

Kings of Leon / Secret Machines / The Helio Sequence Live

Kings of Leon and Secret Machines and The Helio Sequence Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium August 20, 2005

Wow. First of all what a lineup! The Ryman Auditorium is an old church turned into a concert venue. The Ryman has great acoustics and does not have a bad seat in the house. We sat in the balcony, which I highly recommend. My only negative experience was the beer lines. Jeez lou EEze it took at while to get a beer. However, they had 32 ounce beers so not many trips were required. We got there a little late missing part of the Helio Sequence. But, I will say that they were very good. Who knew it is only two people in the band? Anyway, soon after they finished the Secret Machines graced us with their presence. I only have the cd Now Here is Nowhere, but they played many off of that album. They basically rocked. They were all dressed in white and flashed many white lights on the stage. Great scene. The last song they played First Wave Intact was amazing. It lasted like 8 minutes, but the crowd did not want it to end. Towards the end the lights were absolutely amazing because they were blasting with the guitars. But all things must come to an end, and by that time we were ready for KOL. As the Kings walked out on the stage, I could do nothing but laugh. Not that I am a fan of the sagging, baggy, Girbaud’s (Ja-Bows – for whoever was in a cave in the 80’s), but they came out with basically leggings. Thankfully, I was not too close to because my girlfriend would have probably left me, and I would have been disgusted. Tight is an understatement. Oh well, they still filled the rock star role. They began with Molly Chambers and ended with Slow Night, So Long. KOL were amazing. They rocked loud and hard. The crowd was very into it as well, with everyone singing and dancing. The only negative things I have to say is they only played like an hour and a half. I know all of their songs are short but come on. Also they did not play Joe’s Head or Talihini Sky which are two of my favorites. Re-Memo, Tranny, and Soft were highlights. Anyway, I would highly recommend the venue and the bands. Here are the setlists
Secret Machines Set listNow Here is NowhereSad and LonelyPharaoh's DaughterDaddy's in the DoldrumsLightning Blue EyesHarmoniaDe Luxe (Immer Wieder)I Hate PretendingGirl From North CountryChainsThe Road Leads to Where It's LedFirst Wave Intact Kings of Leon Set listMolly's ChambersTaper Jean GirlPistol of FireWasted Time RazzBucketSoftMilkRememo4 KicksVelvet SnowKing of the RodeoWhere Nobody KnowsCalifornia WaitingSpiral StaircaseHappy AloneTraniHoly Roller NovocaineHead to ToeSlow Night, So Long
(image placeholder)(image placeholder)(image placeholder)

No comments: