Friday, October 05, 2007

“Allow myself, to introduce…myself.”

Clyde has been kind enough to invite me, Blythe, to contribute to this fantastic medium to discuss good music from a Southerner’s point of view. Met Clyde through a mutual friend at the National concert in Birmingham last month, where we realized we have similar tastes in music. I’ll be posting from time to time as a “Birmingham correspondent”, updating you on the shows I am seeing and want to attend (like yesterday’s post on Josh Rouse and Jason Collett), as well as letting you know what’s spinning on my jukebox these days. Born and raised in Alabama, I did a short stint in New Orleans where I rediscovered my love for great, non-mainstream performers. Been back in Magic City for a little over three years now and have been pleasantly surprised at the ability to see and hear good music in the area. Looking forward to spreading the word. I’ll be talking to you soon.

No comments: