Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Modest Mouse Postpones Tour to Finish record in Oxford; I Continue to Be a Stalker

Isaac Brock smoking a cigarette outside of Sweet Tea.
I choked again. I walked right by Sweet Tea Sunday and Isaac, Johnny Marr, and the rest of them were all sitting outside just hanging out. My fiance and I were walking on the sidewalk right by the studio. Isaac was with a girl so I decided to not bother him. I basically stared them all down though like a kid at a toy store window. Just as I passed the studio, it started pouring down rain. I thought to myself, "If I would have talked to them, they might have invited me inside to shelter from the storm." Oh well. I didn't. Anyway, long story not so short this is from their website.
"MODEST MOUSE POSTPONES AUGUST TOURING"
"With Modest Mouse on a feverish pace to finish their new album, the decision was made to remain in the studio and postpone the upcoming August dates. The band is currently recording the album in Mississippi with producer Dennis Herring (Good News For People Who Love Bad News). The group sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience and is looking forward to finishing their new album and rescheduling the dates."

No comments: